An energetic and experienced IT Consultant with superb customer interfacing skills and specializing in implementation, training,
and quality assurance/testing of a variety of software applications. People, quality, and results oriented with strengths in balancing
varied tasks, providing inspiration, and training clients during software transitions. Proven track record and talent
for rapidly mastering new information and software applications for implementing, testing, documenting, reporting, and training to
enhance customer satisfaction. Additional experience in creating custom documents, user manuals, and help files.
Proficient in varied software and custom applications.
2002 - Present: Independent IT Consultant - NW Natural: Portland, OR
2007 - 2009: Strategic Alliance Partner - AASONN: Naperville, IL
- Create security plans, conversion plans, implementation plans, mapping and Visio documents, and supplemental training materials.
- Assist Project Managers during planning, execution, and completion phases of project life cycles.
- Analyze current procedures, system, and business functions and create test plans, test conditions,
and test scripts for test execution and presentation to management.
- Guide software testing activities as test coordinator and assist with testing as needed.
- Summarize, define, and document defects and communicate test results to team members, developers, management, and users.
- Assist control room and compliance in review, analysis, and updates of policies, procedures, and other supporting
documentation in preparation for inspection.
- Managed Field Operations Project Team to combine multiple field manuals, update content as needed, and guide team members
in formatting and completion of deliverables.
- Assisted Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) Team in development of IT controls and policies surrounding security and change management.
- Researched, interviewed, and documented SOX related security baselines for infrastructure and software applications.
- Adapted the PeopleSoft test plan to meet SOX requirements by modeling testing around established PeopleSoft security roles.
- Use Microsoft Office software, Remedy, Custom and Third-Party Vendor software for PC's, UNIX, and AS400 environments
including software designed for field mapping and compliance, fixed assets, leakage, risk, land,
and locate tracking, dispatching, platting, file scanning, construction work order management, etc.
2000 - 2008: Consulting Alliance Partner - CORT Software: Bend, OR
- Provided consulting services as project leader on Human Capital Management (HCM) implementation projects at customer sites.
Services were provided across industries including hospitality, transportation services, non-profits,
ministry, retail, financial services, business services, computer software, engineering, banking, manufacturing,
- Provided requirements gathering, configuration, implementation, documentation, testing, training,
language translations, and trouble-shooting of SuccessFactors Professional Edition, SuccessPractices,
and Enterprise applications as project leader on Human Capital Management (HCM) implementation projects.
- Analyzed customer needs, developed and recommended best practices, and evaluated business requirements.
- Used Microsoft Office software, XML, Custom web-based and Third-Party Vendor software.
**************Previously Infinium Software, Bend Business Unit**************
1998 - 2000: Enterprise Systems Consulting (ESC): Portland, OR
- Provided consulting services as a project leader on Human Capital Management (HCM) implementation projects at customer sites.
- Provided billable requirements gathering, consultation, configuration, implementation,
documentation, testing, training, and trouble-shooting of CORT Payroll and HR applications
across industries including manufacturing, hospitality, healthcare, non-profits, government, media,
property management, aerospace, etc.
- Conducted custom on-site training of CORT Payroll and HR applications.
- Mentored junior consultants and conducted shadow training.
- Recognized revenue opportunities to backsell products and services to existing
- Completed special projects including writing test cases and summaries for the QA team,
updating implementation manuals to new
formats, and updating the demo database for new release.
- Used Microsoft Office software, SQL, Custom and Third-Party Vendor software for PC’s.
1993 - 1998: InfoPlex Corporation: Portland, OR
- Researched and tested more than 10 applications (Mainframe and Visual Basic 2-Tier)
as a Y2K Test Analyst in the gas utility industry.
- Created screen and report inventories for test
planning, management review, and audit trail.
- Analyzed current procedures and documented business functions, created test plans, test
conditions, and test scripts for test execution
and presentation to management.
- Executed tests using Autotester to verify Y2K Compliance.
- Summarized, defined, and documented defects and communicated test results to team
members, management, and users.
- Used Microsoft Office software, Autotester, DDTS, Custom and Third-Party Vendor software
for PC's, UNIX, and AS400 environments including software designed for field mapping and compliance,
fixed assets, leakage, risk, land, and locate tracking, dispatching, platting,
file scanning, construction work order management, etc.
- Developed, implemented, and executed internal testing processes, test plans, and record
keeping that dramatically increased the quality
of software deliverables.
- Championed development of design documents and quality assurance techniques to
prevent defects and build quality in software products being developed across industries
including manufacturing, banking, government, etc.
- Designed, implemented, and summarized postmortem questionnaires for use in
improving future software projects.
- Served as liaison between customers, co-workers, developers, and management.
- Assisted customers in problem solving.
- Detailed, clarified, and documented customer support requests while maintaining
adaptability and flexibility
to handle changing environments, interruptions, and multiple projects.
- Planned, designed, created, and edited a variety of written materials including manuals,
help files, test plans, design documents,
reports, forms, and correspondence.
- Reviewed and attended an initial training and demo of Mercury automated testing tools
to prepare for a proposal to management.
- Used Microsoft Office software, Crystal Reports, Doc-to-Help, Track Record,
Custom and Third-Party Vendor software for PC's including software designed for contact management,
waste tracking, refugee tracking, oil tracking, service link to help desk, purchase order tracking,
project budget tracking, etc.
Portland State University, Portland, Oregon
Bachelor of Arts - Business Administration: General Management
- Completed degree requirements in Human Resource Management.
- Financed education through employment and scholarship.
Spring 2001 to 2016 - Certified Payroll Professional (CPP)